Going Serverless With Firebase
In the latest production from Big Machine, we explore what it takes to build a usable, “serverless” ecommerce application. I’m not just talking about checking out and running a Stripe charge – no we’re doing it all.
In this video we’ll set up:
- A web site hosted by Firebase, generated by Middleman, secured with SSL
- Digital fulfillment (with counters and expiring URLs) using Firebase Storage
- Authentication using OAuth
- Email notifications and customer management, integrating with Drip
- Paranoid data collection using PostgreSQL at Compose.com
- A REAL set of checkout data, including geolocating IP addresses, payment and processor retention
All of the code in the video and the book is available in our Github repository. You can download individual chapters, or checkout with Git.